High School Innovation Grant (Aspire Series)
MCAN is excited to continue offering grant funds to support high schools focused on changing systems that perpetuate inequity in postsecondary pathways. New for the 2023 school year, high schools are eligible to apply for the first of a three-year grant series in the high school grants pathway, the aspire grant. This grant series is meant to equip schools with the tools necessary to complete subsequent cycles of the grant process independently, beyond the first three years of participation. Throughout the high school innovation grant series, schools can expect to:
- Reflect and interrogate current school systems and practices
- Build strong, collaborative school or district-wide team focused on postsecondary education access and success
- Develop sustainable, systems-wide plans to accelerate progress towards sixty by 30
- Create and sustain internal data infrastructure to consistently track, monitor and respond to student trends
- Collaboration with other high schools across Michigan
We anticipate this opportunity will take admin team about 20-30 hours through the course of the six months, and participating PAC members 10-12 hours.